I’m a graduate student in mathematics at UQAM. This is my personal blog about technical interests.
- Alexander-Graham-Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship (master studies, 17500$, CRSNG)
- Bourse de maîtrise en recherche (17500$, FRQNT)
- Undergraduate research award (CRSNG, summer 2017)
- Undergraduate research award (CRSNG, summer 2016)
- Binette, O. & Guillotte, S. Bayesian Nonparametrics for Directional Statistics (submitted, 2018)
- Binette, O. Topologie et apprentissage machine (submitted, 2018). This is a short paper submitted to the student journal Notes from the Margin.
- Probabilités en dimension infinie. (Présentation au Séminaire des cycles supérieurs de l’UQAM, 2017)
- Constrained semiparametric modelling (for directional statistics). Poster presentation at the 11th Bayesian Nonparametrics Conference (Paris, 2017)
- Bayesian learning: semiparametric modelling and asymptotic theory. Student Research Session talk at the Mathematical Congress of the Americas (Montreal, 2017).
- Bayesian (nonparametric) learning. Talk at the Canadian Undergraduate Mathematics Conference (Montreal, 2017).
- Constructive polynomial approximation. Talk at the student summer seminar (2017).
- The Banach-Tarski paradox. Talk at the CIRGET student seminar (2015).
- Conférences Midi-Math. Co-organizer, winter 2017.
- Student summer seminar. Organizer, summer 2017.
- Bayesian mathematical statistics (what can we learn from data?)
- Asymptotic behaviour of posterior distributions (what happens as more and more data is gathered?)
- The geometry of statistical models (how can other fields of mathematics contribute insights?)
Other things I like:
- Traveling, biking and hiking.
- Robotics, electronics and programming languages. A much younger me built a few robots, guitar amplifiers and effects; I played with field programmable gate arrays to program logical circuits and arithmetic logical units; made a few websites; etc.
- Ethics and animal rights.